New Agent Membership
On October 1, 1997, Florida Insurance Law §626.921 became effective and provided for the creation of Florida Surplus
Lines Service Office (FSLSO). FSLSO is a statutorily mandated not-for-profit association of all Florida licensed surplus
lines agents. All surplus lines agents shall, as a condition of holding a surplus lines license be deemed a member of the
Service Office. To complete your membership, you must register through FSLSO's Surplus Lines Information Portal (SLIP).
You will not be allowed to submit policy information to FSLSO prior to registering with FSLSO. Failure to register with
FSLSO as a Florida licensed surplus lines agents is in violation of F.S. 626.921.
Before registering with FSLSO, confirm that you meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Florida surplus lines license (1-20 or 91-20)
- Have completed the self-appointment process for the surplus lines license through MyProfile
- Log in to MyProfile account.
- Select the "Access eAppoint" link on the right.
- If you have never previously used eAppoint, you must first register by selecting "Register to become an appointing entity."
- Once steps 2 or 3 have been completed, select "New Appointment" in the eAppoint Workbench. Once "New Appointment" has been selected, follow
the on-screen instructions to complete your self-appointment. There is a $150 self-appointment fee associated with this process.
- Ensure that the agency through which you are conducting business holds a valid Florida agency license
To register, visit the SLIP website at https://slip.fslso.com and click the "Register" button.
Should you have any questions on the Registration process, please call us at 1-800-562-4496.