FSLSO Surplus Lines Informational Portal (SLIP)
Currently, SLIP is not supported by Internet Explorer 10. Please use a different version of Internet Explorer or an alternate web browser (Firefox, Chrome or Safari).
About Insurer SLIP
The FSLSO Insurer Surplus Lines Information Portal (SLIP) was designed and developed to facilitate the surplus
lines insurers reporting process to the FSLSO. In Florida, all surplus lines insurers are required to submit all
Florida surplus policy information to FSLSO.
Advantages of Using SLIP
The Insurer SLIP was designed as a user friendly interface to collect pertinent information regarding surplus lines
policies and their associated transactions.
SLIP provides numerous functionalities including:
- Provides secure and immediate access to submitted data.
- Allows users access to view, report on and edit policy and transaction data.
- Provides access to add/modify your company's disaster contact information.
- Includes links to late-breaking industry and FSLSO news/events.
- Includes An FSLSO "mailbox" which is designed to distribute new information to inform insurers of latest issues.
One of the more practical uses of SLIP is a user's ability to see exactly what has been filed with
FSLSO and the ability to make "real time" edits, allowing users to manage their submitted policy information.
SLIP users also have the opportunity to run a variety of other reports including:
- Activity Summary Report - This report gives the user the aggregate count of submissions, policy count
and total premium for the selected time period.
- Activity Detail Report - This report gives the user the details of submissions including
confirmation number, policy number, submitted date effective date, insured name and premium amount for the
selected time period.
- Late Submission Detail Report - This report gives the user a list of those policies and premium
submitted past the filing deadline for the selected time period.
Reports allow SLIP users to monitor a variety of information that is designed to help insurers track their business and
compliance within the industry.
In lieu of using the FSLSO Insurer SLIP, you may opt to export your information into the required filing format.
Insurers exporting their own files for submission are required to use the FSLSO FTP Submit software.
The FSLSO FTP Submit Software and formatting documentation are available on the FSLSO website.
SLIP offers clients the ability to have their policy/transaction data backed up by FSLSO, as opposed to the users
backing up their individual PCs. SLIP offers a more secure environment for your data and it provides more
functionality for managing the transaction submissions than the software allows. Being web-based, SLIP
requires no user maintenance, and all updates by FSLSO will appear seamless to the users.
If you do not currently have a SLIP account, please contact the FSLSO at InsurerServices@fslso.com
and an account will be established for you. In order to establish an account we will need your name, street address, city, state,
zip, phone number, fax number, company name and email address.